Friday, April 26, 2013

CAN I WRITE ON IT?

Yesterday I sat together with Helena Smet, founder and designer at Modest Men - Menswear. She designs simple but elegant shirts with a twist. We met at Al Dente, Italian Restaurant at Vlaamse Kaai in Antwerp. I had a great time, she as an interesting take on fashion and the fashion industry. 



Today I'm not gonna showcase her latest collection, because I'm waiting until all the pieces in her collection are ready! What I am showcasing is her amazing handcrafted 'Look Book'. It is made of one of her shirts 'Cahier'. It looks like an ruled excercice book you write in at school! 


Modest Men - Look Book


Detail of one the pages, with the 'Canvas' shirt

2 comments:

  1. very cool, I'd love to know more about this designer... am a big fan of shirts

    www.thewild-swans.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mr Brightside!

      Well Helena is a Belgian Designer!
      I'd love to give some info 'bout her if you want!
      + I'm going to blog more frequently 'bout her!

      Where are you from??

      xoxo Angelo

      Delete